Do I need a license or a permit to open a business?

Yes. If the business is located inside the city limits, a license will be issued by the city. If the business is outside of the city limits and inside the county, the county Tax Collector will issue your license.

How do I vote absentee?

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

The Circuit Clerk’s office issues marriage licenses. You must bring a blood test receipt dated within the last 30 days, a picture id, and if you are under 21, you must obtain your parent’s signature on the registration form.

How do I obtain a passport?

You can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office and bring 2 passport photos, a birth certificate with a seal, and a picture id. It takes about six weeks to receive your passport

How do I register to vote?

In order to register, go to the Circuit Clerk’s office.  It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number. The minimum voting age is 18. You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.

How do I obtain a 911 address?

Your 911 address is assigned through the Chancery Clerk’s office. It is helpful to know your nearest street’s name and your nearest neighbors.

Web design and hosting by U.S.NEXT