How Do I

Yes, land records are available for public inspection at the Chancery Clerk’s office from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

Yes. If the business is located inside the city limits, a license will be issued by the city. If the business is outside of the city limits and inside the county, the county Tax Collector will issue your license.

You should call the Circuit Clerk’s office.

Visit the Tax Collector’s office between January 2 and April 1.

All public record request should be directed to the Chancery Clerk of Adams County, Mississippi  using this form
and submitting it here, A requester should be familiar with theAdams County Public Records Policy of Adams County MS.

Your 911 address is assigned through the Chancery Clerk’s office. It is helpful to know your nearest street’s name and your nearest neighbors.

The Circuit Clerk’s office issues marriage licenses. You must bring a blood test receipt dated within the last 30 days, a picture id, and if you are under 21, you must obtain your parent’s signature on the registration form.

You can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office and bring 2 passport photos, a birth certificate with a seal, and a picture id. It takes about six weeks to receive your passport

In order to register, go to the Circuit Clerk’s office.  It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number. The minimum voting age is 18. You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office.

The operating hours are Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Yes. You may also be eligible for a credit against future taxes. If the tag has not expired, take the tag and your original receipt to the tax collector for a credit voucher.

Car and truck tags are issued by the Tax Collector. You have 7 working days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle. New residents moving from another state have 30 hays to obtain a new plate. It is helpful to bring your automobile registration and/or title. New residents from another county in Mississippi can wait until their next renewal to change plates. Tags are usually valid for a period of one year from the date they are issued.

Land deeds are filed in the Chancery Clerk’s office.

Web design and hosting by U.S.NEXT