Adams County is rich in history and traditions. It is located in the brown loam soil area of the Southwest part of the state along the lower Mississippi River, bordering the state of Louisiana. Named for President John Adams, it was the first Mississippi county to organize in the Mississippi Territory in 1798. The first capital for the state was located in Adams County in 1817.
Adams County government strives to provide and maintain the fundamental services that assure the needs of its citizens and allow them to obtain and continue the highest quality of life. We aspire to:
- Preserve and protect the public health, safety, welfare and environment for all citizens, without discrimination;
- Provide services that are efficient, of high quality, and accessible to all and in a timely fashion;
- Create an atmosphere of progressive government that is corporate friendly in order to entice industry to our community;
- Balance the emphasis of government, which will provide an attractive climate for tourism; and
- Be responsible leaders, open to the public, and serve with integrity, reliability, honesty and fairness.
- ADA Compliance
Thank you for visiting our website.